Services for Raising Backyard Chickens
Backyard Chicken Consulting & Rental
Royal Roost offers a broad array of services related to raising and keeping a healthy flock of chickens. Available services include:
- Breed Selection: We’ll help you choose the perfect finely feathered friends to fit your lifestyle.
- Royal Roost Coops: Designing, building and seting up the perfect chicken coop for your property and flock – inside and out.
- Egg-stravaganza! We provide care instructions to encourage your queens to produce the finest eggs in all the land.
- Roost Duty: We’ll help you learn about coop cleaning and safe, legal waste disposal.
- Learn More: Which Comes First? The Chicken or the… Education on the life cycle of your royal charmers
- Need a break? Let us maintain while you’re away, so you can truly relax.
- Roostscaping: Installation and maintenance of chicken-friendly plantings and gardens around your royal roost
- Roost Companions: If you decide you’d like to add some other species to accompany your chicken flock, we’re happy to recommend and help you choose other small livestock most appropriate for your situation and lifestyle.
- Rent-A-Roost: Rentals and maintenance of chicken coops for those who wish to have a “trial run” before committing to full-time chicken raising, or for families who only want to raise chickens seasonally. More info below!
Rent a Royal Roost
Try Raising Backyard Chickens Before You Buy
Not sure you want to commit to a chicken flock of your own? Want to try it out before you buy? If so, our Rent a Royal Roost program is perfect for you! From June until October you can try 2 or 4 chickens in your yard without a permanent commitment!
Our chicken rental program includes delivery and setup of 2-4 chickens and a coop, feed and all the supplies you need, and education for you and your family on how to maintain a happy, healthy flock.
2 Chickens: $685
4 Chickens: $725
+ $40 for delivery & pick up in Fall
Optional buy out at the end of rental is $350
Rent your own flock from June – October